[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 21:40:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jim Bailey said:
> Do you mind if I ask what problems you have found and in particular
> Courier which is the IMAP server I have been using for the last few
> months without any problems?  Which doesn't mean there are any.

I looked at them for a while, and, well, your choice seems to be between

- uw-imap, which is a single giant tangle of security holes, brought
  to you by the team that produced pine, a mailer with so many sprintf()s
  in it that it was removed from the freebsd ports system as an
  unsecurable nightmare: so that's out.

- courier, which has a massive mound of documentation that bears no
  obvious resemblance to anything else in the package, and which seems
  to be remarkably difficult to tie into anything: it seems to want you
  to use its own filtering language, which is right out as I have so
  much flowing through procmail...

*shiver*

--
`There's something satisfying about killing JWZ over and over again.'
                                        -- 1i, personal communication

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk