[Gllug] Restricting ssh public key access

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Aug 1 14:56:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 03:40:41PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> >TCP wrappers?
>
> How would that help? I want them to be able to log in from anywhere,
> just if they're not coming from an approved source, then they have to
> use password authentication, rather than public key authentication.

Ahh... sorry. Didn't realise that you wanted the user to be able to
log in from just anywhere, and your comment about "from" threw me. How
about chown()ing the ~/.ssh files to root, and not allowing write
access to the user to them?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I like to fill my tub up with water, then turn the shower on and act
like I'm in a submarine that's been hit ..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk