[Gllug] Can somebody have a quiet word with him

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 17:58:50 UTC 2002

On Mon 12 Aug, richard hillesley wrote:

> I have been trying to track down any MPs of any party that have
> shown any interest in the issues surrounding free software,
> (including Bob Blizzard), to channel information, parliamentary questions,
> etc. If anybody knows of anyone who fits that bill, please
> let me know.

   I would be surprised if any politician did not use a computer, so would
have at least some interest, whether they advertise the fact or not. Open
Source software does not have a huge advertising budget, so it really is up
to us. Local council contact details are in the local phone book, also see
http://www.parliament.uk/
   I believe it is also important to be able to show people a working
system, rather than just describe how good it is.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk