[Gllug] Cheep backup solution

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Aug 21 16:57:29 UTC 2002

Having said what I just said, I should confess.

The other half's iMAC started to have a dodgy hard
disk months ago. I haven't ever backed it up...
(well, important stuff went off to a net  iDrive)

I bought another hard disk at the TCR fairs to
replace it.

I've taken the Mac apart, and jumpered in the second
hard drive using a long IDE cable and a split power connector(!)
A strange thing really... an iMAC with two 'internal' drives.
I've still got to get round to cloning the disk (ahem).
Cobbler's weans and all that.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk