[Gllug] usage of sitecopy

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Aug 29 21:10:21 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 09:53:44PM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:

> updating my dns record, whenever my ipaddress changes; it runs in the
> > background as it needs to.
>
> You could build something yourself using fam.

Fam and imon are good.

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/March2001/article199.shtml

For some starters for people.

> There's possibly a fam-based utility which'll handle that kind of task -
> if not, I might even write one.

I've a similar setup at work with Win32::ChangeNotify and
Win32::Daemon, I find problems with multiple writes to location causing
premature firing.  Anyone any ideas whether FAM handles this better - ie
notify change after close of a filehandle.  I'm going to be getting rid
of the Win32 solution anyway :)

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk