[Gllug] Bad egg.

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Aug 28 17:08:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:36:50PM +0100, will wrote:

> Just got this message from an egg webpage when upgrading to a new service:

> The software we give you to run Egg Money Manager is 'browser based' and
> will only work on a PC with Internet Explorer 5.0 or above, and Javascript
> must be enabled. If you have a PC, you can easily download Internet
> Explorer free at www.microsoft.com.

<snip>

> Booooo.  They have just gone down in my estimation a long way.

Send a secure message to them, pointing them towards DDA
compliance. Their site really should be accessible by the blind, the
deaf and people not using Windows. You might find that pointing them
towards the w3c site could help too.

I'm with Smile atm, and they've been really responsive about sorting
things out. Next month, they're attempting to sort their site out to
be properly accessible. I'll post any changes in the "Smile
experience" here if people are interested.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Save a tree, eat a beaver