[Gllug] Network synchronisation tool

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 14:56:25 UTC 2002

I've been using a utility called Robocopy on Win2000/XP for some time to
synchronise/backup folders between 2 machines at home. It enables me to
write a batch file specifying folders to be synchronised via a mapped
drive. Since moving most of my work to Linux I now need a similar tool
to do the same job between 2 Linux machines but there are probably many
alternatives I'm not aware of. What is the right tool for the job? Perl
script? DrakSync (Mandrake)? ssh/scp with appropriate flags? This is
only for the network backup. I'll be using the CD burner for external
backups.

Garry Heaton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk