[Gllug] Importing 802.11b kit

adr gllug at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 14:57:20 UTC 2002

On Friday 16 Aug 2002 1:17 pm, Ian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My beloved other half is making a brief trip to the states soon, Me in
> my student skimpingness found some Dlink DWL-650 wireless pcmcia cards
> for only $77, (i imagine thats about 40 quid) if i can get her to get
> hold of them for me, would they be set for the correct power outputs for
> europe aswell? or will they fry pigeons?
>
> bredroll

What matters is not what the maximum power rating of any given card is, but
how you configure it. IANAL, but my understanding is, in law, you have to be
able to demonstarte that your card complies with the maximum emissions rules,
and obviously a card with a max output power at or below the UK maximum is
pretty much a no brainer on that one. But you could also demonstrate that by
limiting power output.

In answer to your basic question, though, I think you should be okay with
these cards.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk