[Gllug] ISO 2-character country codes.

Allen Baranov allen at isa.co.za
Tue Dec 31 10:19:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

GB is correct.

All the top level domains are based on the country's ISO code. So, South
Africa has country code ZA and TLD .za. This is true for all countries
except the USA which has .us but doesn't use it very extensively - note
.net, .org .com. And the United Kingdom/Great Briton which has the ISO
country code GB and the TLD .uk.

Of course now that that little bit of confusion has been introduced
software manufactures/coders may incorrectly use "uk" in place of "gb".

What is the United Kingdom anyway..and what is Great Briton? AFAIK one
includes North Ireland and the other doesn't.

Allen Baranov

--
Allen Baranov <allen at isa.co.za>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk