[Gllug] OT: Spectrum emulators

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Mon Dec 9 10:18:45 UTC 2002

> This is way OT, but can anyone recommend a (preferrably free) spectrum
> emulator?  My wife wants to play some of the old games.  She uses win2000*
> so any recommendations for one that works on that platform would be
> welcome.  If anyone can recommend one for Linux aswell that would be a
> bonus as I can then have a go :-)

3 that I can name off the top of my head...
xzx: (Which is, alas, none free. It's shareware)
fuse: which is free and has some nice features including the ability to read
a new file format that allows games to be played back. (It records IO, so as
long as you play from a snapshot, it should be able to show you exactly what
you did...)
glukalka: (Think that's how it's spelled. This has Pentagon and Scorpion
capability (and roms)... Although I never could get one of them to work.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk