[Gllug] Audio conflict

Norman Duncan normand at teleline.es
Thu Dec 5 23:11:11 UTC 2002

Hello folks

Living in Barcelona I have just put in an ADSL line, and it is working well.
So I am trying to listen to some of my favourite programmes from back
home (Bob Harris, The Late junction on Radio 3, Iain Anderson on R.
Scotland, ....)

But I keep getting a bunch of conflicts and audio cuts out, only to come
back if I reboot.

SuSe 8.1,  KDE3,  Netscape 7 (for their java),  Real player

    but Real player does not start up directly when I click on the
programme. First I get the BBC player in Netscape (previously the same
in Konquerer). I have to click on the "are you having difficulties
receiving audio" link and then I get RealAudio.

Left to run .. it goes for anything between 20 - 60 mins and then cuts out.
It often says that I dont have the plug in installed, so I have reinstalled.
Or it says that the audio device is already being used.
This has been happening over the last week, since installing ADSL.
But now nothing (audio) will open...No Bob Harris (sob)

I see that my tmp directory has filled up with root locked
subdirectories all with a line of numbers as their name.
And I am stuck here.

Can anyone help please.

Norman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk