[Gllug] Secure FTP Server?

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Dec 3 10:37:25 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 09:03, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a secure FTP server to install on RH 7.3

All ftp servers are secure and insecure in equal parts from my
experience, hell the protocol is a bastard to start with :(

The ones I can remember (alphabetical order)

	proftpd
	pureftpd
	vsftpd
	wu-ftpd

Try them all, check out their recent and historic security records, have
a look at the mailing lists, bug ticketing systems etc etc, see which
config format you like the most etc etc.

Pick the one which suits you.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
I'd miss the BBC, but not if I had time to reload.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk