[Gllug] [OT] bare USB plugs

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Dec 11 14:40:38 UTC 2002

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get some bare USB plugs so I can make my own
cable? I want to siphon power to run my (external) USB disc which is
currently siphoning power from the PS/2 port.

The plan is to get a hub or something so that the drive can run from one USB
port instead of one USB port + one PS/2 port (very irritating). Technically,
following this train of thought, I could just short the appropriate wires in
the drive caddy; but I don't want to because a) I don't trust my soldering
ability enough to push a hot piece of metal near delicate electronics, and
b) it's harder to get rid of if it doesn't work.

Any suggestions? You have all probably noticed my glaring lack of
understanding of basic electronics. I need help here.

Richard

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk