[Gllug] Secure FTP Server?

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Tue Dec 3 11:15:22 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:03:17AM -0000, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can anyone recommend a secure FTP server to install on RH 7.3

I can recommend my own FTP server. Being written in Perl and using
Perl's data tainting mechanism means it's not vulnerable to many of
the attacks that C-based FTP servers all suffer from.

If you are uber-security-conscious, I'd suggest that you use the
database back-end and setuid/chroot the entire server so it's running
as a user with no filesystem access at all.

I also offer informal support for free through the mailing list
and commercial development contracts if those are appropriate for you.

http://www.annexia.org/freeware/netftpserver/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm