[Gllug] Email client with multiple Identities

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Fri Dec 6 13:49:29 UTC 2002

On Dec 06 2002, Axel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for an email client that allows me to use multiple identities.
>
> For example:
>
> I've got 4 different email addresses that all go to one mbx (IMAP) and want
> to specify an identity (i.e. from/reply2 email addr and signature) when
> sending an email.
>
> The only thing I could find is SquirrelMail, but it's no good to me as a web
> mail system. I need something that can (preferably) run on multiple
> platforms (i.e. Linux, OSX and Win32).
>
> The main problem with all the clients I found on SF and Google is that they
> only offer Ids through different pop3 accounts but won't allow using them
> freely on all accounts (or as in my case just the one combined account).
>
> Any pointers are much appreciated (as always) ;-)

Since nobody's mentioned mutt yet, I'll do it. Mutt has good support for
doing what you want.

# what email address to use depends on who the mail is to
send-hook .		"my_hdr From: Stig Brautaset <stig at brautaset.org>"
send-hook .ac.uk	"my_hdr From: Stig Brautaset <s.brautaset at wmin.ac.uk>"
send-hook gllug		"my_hdr From: Stig Brautaset <stigbrau at start.no>"
send-hook arch		"my_hdr From: Stig Brautaset <stigbrau at start.no>"