[Gllug] newbie / modem

N London John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 10:19:58 UTC 2002

Um, my problems are with a PCMCIA card modem.

Whilst there is copious information about linux & modems on the net,
the documentation with my card (supplied with my laptop) is virtually
non-existent. Even worse, although it is a winmodem, windows98 didn't
identify it as such. This caused me terrible problems.

It may be small, neat and discreet, but it's just too much trouble.

So that's why I've decided to simply get a new modem.
Going to take a look at the Trixie today.

Thanks to the whole list for all the advice,
and hope you're going to do another install-fest soon, cos that's the
next hurdle I face!

John

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk