[Gllug] GLLUG grammar report Netiquette (still needs more work)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 00:17:30 UTC 2002

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Stig Brautaset stipulated:
> On Dec 01 2002, Nix wrote:
>> These are not spelling flames; these are grammatical debates (because
>> some of the participants have a greater than normal understanding of the
>> subject).
>
> Just out of interest; how big is the backlog of your gllug-mail before
> you slash your way through it? Or do you just have fantastically long
> breaks between the mail queue runs? :)

It varies wildly depending upon how much else I have to do; this time
there was a week's backlog and about 350 emails.

>> Perhaps they should hie to a.u.e., but I find it fun to watch :)
>
> Can you explain this please? I can not parse that abbreviation...

alt.usage.english, the canonical group for such things. :)

--
`I keep hearing about SF writers dying, but I never hear about SF
 writers being born.  So I guess eventually there'll be none left.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk