[Gllug] Certification?

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sun Dec 8 06:07:23 UTC 2002

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:03:29PM +0000, Dexter Casey wrote:
> It is all x86 based.  They mention the variety of hardware that Linux can
> run on but all hardware discussions are based on x86.
>
> You need to be able to read shell scripts but no perl/python.  It also is
> necessary to know vi.
>
> You really should take time to learn those though.  They are kind of
> essential.

Indeed.  I'm a coder at heart, so I know enough perl/python to do stuff.
But to learn, say, perl in enough detail for an exam sounds horrendous since
there are loads of subtleties and wads of libraries that you need a
reference for while you're reading/writing it.  After all, TMTOWTDI [There's
More Than One Way To Do It - a perl catch phrase].

Not so pleased to hear, though, that there's no non-x86 stuff covered.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk