[Gllug] ADSL Linux

Paul Roberts sakar at stelo.uklinux.net
Thu Dec 12 17:31:06 UTC 2002

Tethys <tet at accucard.com> wrote:

> Looks identical to my setup. As for the best router, I don't know, but
> I'm using the Alcatel one supplied by BT when I got my connection (it
> was in the days before wires-only, so I had to take what they gave me).
> I had to explicitly ask them to configure it as non-NAT, but once they'd
> done that, it all worked fine.

I also have this router (I'm assuming its the same one, mine is a
SpeedTouch), and I am very happy with it. I haven't had to make any
changes to it since I installed it, it has just been running silently
and without a failure (touch wood).

It is configured out of the box to use NAT, but it is trivial to
reconfigure to your needs. The manual is not excellent, but it does the
job.

FWIW, I'm using Pipex Extreme (which is wires only) and I sourced the
router myself.

Cheers, - Paul

--
GPG fingerprint:                Esperanto parolata
0CB2 9210 3066 B41D 3422  AB6F 78F8 189E FD05 90CE

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk