[Gllug] Changing the filesystem size of a live machine

Wolfgang Draskovic wolfgang at mentaltec.de
Mon Dec 2 12:12:53 UTC 2002

> Is this possible? Basically what I want to do is change the size of my /tmp
> partition, as this is only 1 GB, and my /usr partition is 8 GB, so I want
> to take 3 GB from /usr, and add it on to /tmp, can this be done safely, and
> without rebooting the machine?

Hi

I guess, there is no lvm on your machine.
So the only alternative is to move and symlink your /tmp to your /usr
partition.

HTH Wolfgang

-- don't panic                 .  ,
                              (\;/)
wolfgang at mentaltec.de      "'    (  (   \    !
Wolfgang Draskovic               //  \   |__.'
If God had meant me to type, he'd have given me 105 fingers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk