[Gllug] Setting up a dialup for a friend

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Dec 29 23:23:22 UTC 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have an account with Demon that allows that, but it is not free. Are
> there others? The box is a second-hand P133, initially required to assist
> the children with their homework. The parents know nothing about computers,
> but they are not happy about the children needing to spend many extra hours
> at school both before and after lessons getting access to the internet.

Well everything I mentioned is available from UKFSN (as well as UKPOST.COM
- my other ISP) which is subscription free so only phone call charges are
relevant.

If you need free as in FRIACO/Surftime then I am sure someone else on the
list will know who offers better email facilities. The key is to have
either unlimited email aliases (ie [anything]@username.isp.net) or a
number of separate POP3 accounts. Either way will do the job so long as
you are using a decent mail platform on the client end to separate the
mail into distinct mailboxes locally.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk