[Gllug] ADSL Linux

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Dec 13 13:54:01 UTC 2002

Losing an attribution because it wasn't in the original message. Reply
inline

On Thursday, Dec 12, 2002, at 11:50 Europe/London, Sudhir Anand wrote:

>> Good choice, although I would HIGHLY recommend going for
>> cable instead of
>> ADSL! I've been with PlusNet for two months now and had about
>> a weeks outage
>> so far ;( Nothing compared to the downtimes I had with BT
>> last year though.
>
> In some areas, cable companies do not provide broadband for a variety
> of
> reasons.  I live in Ealing and in this part of the world NTL do not
> offer
> broadband access.  I would therefore have to use an ISP such as Pipex
> or
> PlusNet.

Live in Ealing too, and have got a lovely stable ADSL connection from
mailbox.net.uk. They seem pretty clued up and Linux friendly and
outages have been extremely rare and generally short lived. I highly
recommend them.

Regards,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk