[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 22:50:15 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Tethys mused:

> John Southern writes:
>
>>Did Intel not try to make 2+2 not equal to 4?
>
> Yes, and an Arizona school board declared Pi to be approximately 4
> in order to simplify the maths. Neither are right, though...

I think it was Indiana, and it was the state legislature being conned by
a crackpot. He had more, um, interesting ideas in that bill, too; that
the `discovery' could be used *without a royalty* if it got into the
statute books, and much else.

Hm, yes: <http://www.urbanlegends.com/legal/pi_indiana.html>.

--
`I keep hearing about SF writers dying, but I never hear about SF
 writers being born.  So I guess eventually there'll be none left.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk