[Gllug] newbie/problem

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 10:40:21 UTC 2002

Dexter Casey wrote:
> I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think installation is a
> good learning process.  If you plan things carefully you can learn from
> it.  Just do the whole thing again.  Their are ways around this as
> others have suggested but I would advise you to just reinstall.
> Dex

That is a good point in that if an error occurred setting up a username
and password, which is relatively simple I wonder what other unnamed
items failed.

A reinstall with a check for bad blocks on the partition may well be a
good idea as there may be a number of items which you do not know about
that could easily cause problems later, after you have invested time
setting up your environment.
Kind regards
Xander

--
What does it mean if there is no fortune for you?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk