[Gllug] Audio conflict

Norman Duncan norman_d at elartede.org
Thu Dec 12 23:19:51 UTC 2002

OK
artsd is running. I checked in KDE system guard, just to be different
(and because I'm a bit scared of typing stufff I don't understand in the
Konsole)
But, daringly, with no other option available, I opened a konsole, as
user, held my breath and typed:  artsdsp realplayer
Only to get the cheery response:  /opt/kde3/bin/artsdsp: line 108: exec:
realplayer: not found
And quickly closed said Konsole again.

The thing is I can get Realplayer running on its own. no problem.
But whilst it should be embedded in Netscape 7,  it does not launch
automatically from netscape when I click on a location (radio prog).
The netscape player launches .... with no sound .... luckily bbc has an
option allowing realplayer then to launch ... well mostly (and KDE
Systemguard shows it then dependent on netscape). It then works for a
while and then drops out .
For some reason kmix also starts running. Recently I am killing kmix on
birth so realplayer runs for 2 hours or so instead of half an hour.

Am at this moment trying realplayer launched on its own. And have typed
in a bbc ....rpm location as suggested by Colin. (¿Where can I find the
locations I want to keep trying this for a while?)

thanks for your help

Norm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk