[Gllug] Installing on a laptop

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 17:52:33 UTC 2002

You had knoppix running in network mode fine, just put the cd in,
and once it is loaded type lsmod in a xterm.

Before doing that try in mandrake

insmod tulip

and then try

ifconfig -a

if you see eth0 listed you have done it, to make this permanent
add the following line in /etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 tulip

after all that you might run draknet and configure the network
settings.

 Hope it helps.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Andrew Black (li) wrote:

> > > The network card is a Xircom Realport PC card.  The
> install didnt
> recognise
> > > it and asked me to select a driver.  But xircom wasnt on
> the list.  How
> can
> > > I get round this.
> >
> > Try the tulip drivers.
>
> Hi
> I don't want to appear ungrateful but can you (or someone
> else) give me a
> bit more detail on this.
>
> I type tulip driver into Google and got rather overwhelmed by
> the number of

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 9.0 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk