[Gllug] Certification?

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Fri Dec 6 17:09:33 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Tethys wrote:

> Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that's not the case.
> At least when I'm recruiting, experience is the single biggest factor
> I look for. And certification comes *way* down the list, to the point
> where I barely even consider it at all.

I won't take issue with that, as you are quite right in doing this.

However, something I have often thought is that as Linux is now
mainstream,
and big companies are now recruiting Linux types, then getting over the
first hurdle of getting a CV past the HR department is going to become
more and more important.
I would imagine that unless your CV really hammers home Linux experience
then certifications are going to become more important.
Just my two pence worth, and this is of course open to debate.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk