[Gllug] Hi all

Peter Adamson mewv29 at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 19 14:17:53 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up to this mailing list,
I'm still a semi-geek / geek-in-training with around 2 years experience
of Linux &
14months commercial experience.

I'm currently using RH 7.3, on a pc I've built.
Its an Athlon 1700XP, with a ridiulously large heat sink & fan.
So large in fact that the motherboard cpu heatsink combination, doesn't
actually fit with the psu
in the case!
Currently the PSU is outside & my stupidly large fan creates about 40dB
of nosie!.
I currently have a pillow trying to muffle the damm thing.

This you see was the first time I attempted to build my own PC! Do'h

Anyhow like many people I'm currently out of work.
Does anyone know of a company hiring Linuxy people (I pray I won't have
to accept a Windoze job!)

& when does everyone meet up to have beer?

cheers,
Peter Adamson

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk