[Gllug] Changing the text colour at the command line

Laurie Turpin laurie.turpin at virgin.net
Sun Dec 8 15:46:31 UTC 2002

Hi

I have playing around with my PS1 and PS2 enviroment variables.
I have created a more interesting command line prompt, which is different for users and root
It also means that when I enter commands at the command line the commands are in red when it is root and green when i'm a user
I'm quite happy about that and think it looks cool
What I have a problem with is that when I logout
The login prompt is in the colour of the last person i.e
green text if the last person was a user
red text if the last person was root
I want the logging prompt to go back to being white and only change colour when I login
Is there a text enviroment variable?
also is there anything like a "unprofile" script which runs when you logout?
I was thinking I could make a script change the variable when I logout or shutdown?