[Gllug] ADSL Linux

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Dec 13 13:44:47 UTC 2002

Allen Wayne(Wayne.Allen at rhul.ac.uk)@Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:10:36AM -0000:
> Hi All,
>
> having finaly begun to admit that I want ADSL at home, what ADSL modem do
> people reccomend? The idea is vto purchas my own and then probably join
> plusnet or demon.
>
> Any comments advice??? Current home network runs via SUSE 8 and a 56K modem

i went for a 4 port conexant jobby, from dabs.com.  built in 4 port
10/100 switch, firewalling (but no VPN) and DHCP enabled.  quite good,
havent had much go wrong.  its not terrific, but its cheap, and i see
they've comen down in price now:

do a quicklinx search on dabs, for: 17P8WS && 17P7WS

the only complaint i have with it, is i cant run ipsec thru it.  it only
supports tcp/udp port redirection, which is fine for everything else.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 We're not any better; we've got our own set of nonstandardisms.
 Just not those ones.
 -- Tom Lane

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk