[Gllug] how to check for a transparent proxy

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 15:33:02 UTC 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Jonathan Harker wrote:

> On Monday 02 Dec 2002 6:10 am, Formi wrote:
> >  I found a little redirector that checks a table of
> ad-servers
> >  and redirects squid to a web server on the local machine
> just
> >  serving a transparent 1 pixel gif.
> >
> >  I'm using khttp, wich is really small and quick, and
> requires
> >  very little effort to set up.
> >
> >  The program is called asqredir.
>
> There's also junkbuster -
>    http://www.junkbusters.com/
>
> for killing ads. You can have regular expressions in the block
> list too
>
> Luv Jon

   Small, I meant ~11Kb the whole download file. Took me about 5
 mins to setup, most of that time finding how make it play with khttpd.

 Something like this could be run on a small device ...

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 9.0 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk