[Gllug] Certification?

Sean Tohill S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 12:56:49 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, John Hearns wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Ivan Virgili wrote:
>

> > I was thinking of doing a RHCT course/exam, but it costs a lot of money and
> > I was
> > wondering if you could tell me what you think about it (not only about the
> > exam, but also about the idea of getting a certification).
> >
> Ivan, we have people on the GLLUG list from Redhat and SuSE, so I will
> leave it to them to describe what they offer.
> (Me personally, I would like to do an RHCE)
>
> You mention LPI. I got the Oreilly book on that (what else!) and had good
> intentions to prepare for the LPI exams which were planned for the UKUUG
> meeting in Bristol. I never found the time to study.
>
> Anyone else interested in reviving the planned LPI exams?
> I'm sure it would be worthwhile getting half a dozen people together.

i would like to see the group set up training sessions and materials.
westminster has the network lab for the practical stuff and i can book a
room with a projector for lectures. maybe jointly we could aim to become a
training centre for one of the schemes.

we could also look at getting money to help set it up from the dti or the
eu. especially if we want to make the materials open to europe and the
world.

sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk