[Gllug] Hi all

Tom Taylor tom at stolen.servehttp.com
Sun Dec 22 03:54:55 UTC 2002

> I've just signed up to this mailing list,

Saying that, I havn't really introduced myself either, and I've been on this
list for a couple of weeks now :-)

"Hi, my name's Tom, and I'm an addict" :-)

> I'm currently using RH 7.3, on a pc I've built.

I've been using Linux at home (as the main OS) for almost a year now, but
seriously only been learning for about 3 months.

I've tried many dirstos, and have settled with Debian.

I also built the PC Linux is running on ... it is an AMD k6-3(400) clocked at
650 with a pretty big h/sink and fan.  It also has 128Mb of seriously dead
RAM (machine is surprisingly stable!)

> So large in fact that the motherboard cpu heatsink combination, doesn't
> actually fit with the psu in the case!

Case, what's a case?

> This you see was the first time I attempted to build my own PC! Do'h

Me too

> Anyhow like many people I'm currently out of work.

Me too

> Does anyone know of a company hiring Linuxy people (I pray I won't have
> to accept a Windoze job!)

Me too (although I my knowledge of Linux isn't all that great compared to
most in here)

> & when does everyone meet up to have beer?

I'd be interested in meeting up for beer more than just once a month also.

--
Tom Taylor

It's only when you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything.

(Resudaed)
Registered Linux user: #295513

No HTML emails please

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk