[Gllug] I Better Introduce Myself Too...

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Sun Dec 22 22:40:59 UTC 2002

Jenson wrote:
> I'm currenlty running (or at least attempting to - I have no clue what I'm
> doing most of the time) Slackware 8.1. I've had it about a month now. Yeah I
> know that isn't a sensible choice for a Linux newbie, but no-one ever said I
> was sensible :D

Bah. You new people have it so easy :-). I started off with Linux FT
(hands up who here remembers that), being forced to learn the
command-line. No fancy pointy-clicky hand-holding desktop environments.
Oh no. Just some fairly basic Window Managers. Best way to learn, being
dumped at a command prompt ;-)

Dan, realising he's been using Linux for more than 6 years now (not as
long as some people here, I know)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk