[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 20:45:32 UTC 2002

Sudhir Anand wrote on
Thu Dec 12 14:11:01 2002
inter alia regarding his assertion that KDE is a better Window manager
(sic) than GNOME:-
4 of his emails later on the same subject he then wrote:-
 >I have only used SuSE ditributions, primarily because of cost
 >considerations.
What cost considerations? I don't accept that the cost is a limiting
factor on installing different versions/distros of Linux. Compared to
the time involved in installing and cost of the hardware the cost of
obtaining a variety of distros is negligible IMHO. FWIW I prefer KDE,
but I found the lecture was very interesting and I thought the lecturer
was very diplomatic in not mentioning KDE.
Anyway, the great thing is that you have a choice, and it's all free
software, so you can submit bug reports and help make it better; or even
delve into the source code and submit your changes for consideration if
you are so inclined.
Regards,
Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk