[Gllug] ADSL Linux

Axel Segebrecht axel at segebrecht.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 15:31:09 UTC 2002

On 12/12/02 15:20, "Tethys" <tet at accucard.com> wrote:

> Tom Taylor writes:
>
>> I would also recommend cable over ADSL. I have been with Telewest BlueYonder
>> for 6 months and have had less than an hours downtime that I have noticed in
>> the entire 6 months, this was in the early hours of the morning.
>
> Just to play devil's advocate, I've had simialr amounts of downtime with
> ADSL, and the only ADSL outages I've had have been due to buggy router
> firmware (which is just as likely to occur with cable).

Funny that but it's true for me also! When I had the standard USB 'stingray'
thing from BT my connection went down at least four times a week, but never
since I bought the modem/router ;D

Can only recommend the SAR703 from www.solwise.co.uk again - it's great and
dirt cheap compared to most other modem/routers I've seen. </ad>

>> (disclaimer:
>> The above comments are in my opinion, it may not be the same for everyone.)
>
> *Please* don't start adding disclaimers like this. The very fact that
> it's a public mailing list already implies that anyway. Don't let a
> minor troll/flame outbreak worry you. It'll blow over in a few days...

Did someone mention a new flame war? RRRRRrrrr...

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk