[Gllug] machine load testing

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Dec 3 08:15:53 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:53, Adam Bower wrote:
> Andy McGarty wrote:
>
> > How about leaving it as an open mail relay and/or with telnet running with
> > the prompt saying what the user name and password for root is?  I'm sure
> > some kind sole will find it within 24 hours and stress it for you!!!!
> well that wouldn't be very good as its behind a firewall so it wouldn't
> get loaded at all ;)

<bitter experience>

All boxes should be built behind a firewall.  The record on another site
was 10 minutes between a M$ box finishing it's install and starting to
fetch the Service Packs and it being compromised by a worm.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
Spammers may not be stupid, but spammers are sleazy and exploitive.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk