[Gllug] Audio conflict

Norman Duncan normand at teleline.es
Tue Dec 10 15:26:59 UTC 2002

Thanks for the various suggestions.

I tried tinkering with the sound card set up ... It seemed to work
better for a while, then got blocked completely... wouldn't plat
anything ever, even after reeboot. So I reset that to default, and it
goes on as before.

Then I had a look in the KDE System Guard:
In the KDE System Guard the Real player seems to be running three times.
I wonder if it can be in conflict with itself. .... I kill two of these.
(Also there seem to be 6 mingetty, 8 netscapes and 7 nscd identicle
running .... I wonder if it is this that is making my system run slowly)
And  for some reason KMIX is running at the same time. When I kill this
in the system guard and restart Real player then it runs ok .... well
till the next time.

It would be good to know how to stop all this stuff setting itself up in
the first place.

Simon -I have no idea how to go about using artsdsp or esd..... but
would love to try if its not too complicated.

Norman

Simon Stewart wrote:

> On Friday, Dec 6, 2002, at 00:30 Europe/London, Jonathan Harker wrote:
>
>> On Friday 06 Dec 2002 12:11 pm, Norman Duncan wrote:
>>
>>> Hello folks
>>>
>>> Living in Barcelona I have just put in an ADSL line, and it is working
>>> well. So I am trying to listen to some of my favourite programmes
>>> from back
>>> home (Bob Harris, The Late junction on Radio 3, Iain Anderson on R.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk