[Gllug] Any NetBSD users lurking around here?

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Dec 11 15:23:47 UTC 2002

Stephen Harker writes:

>> The answer is "nearly". In that I'm currently running OpenBSD, and will
>> be installing NetBSD on my Alpha and NeXT as soon as I get half a million
>> other things cleared from my todo list!
>
>The next question (and I'm not trolling, just interested) is: why?

There are many reasons. For a start, variety is good. But that apart,
I have the hardware, and I want to run a free OS on each of them. Linux
doesn't support Turbochannel based Alphas, while NetBSD does. Equally,
Linux doesn't support black NeXT hardware. Neither does NetBSD (at least
not for my Turbo models), but the port is much closer to working than
the stalled Linux port.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk