[Gllug] OT(ish): Advice

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Dec 12 17:40:56 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002, at 11:18 Europe/London, Matthew Thompson
wrote:

> I'm actually quite pleased to be able to say that the .NET languages
> are unlikely to be tied just to Windows.

No, they'll be tied to Winforms instead. NUnit has this problem, I
understand, rendering it useless for those poor sods trying to use it
on a non-Win32 environment. Whatever criticisms you may level at Swing
it's a true cross platform GUI.

The other thing that I find vaguely distasteful is that the assumption
with things like ASP.net is that the user's browser appears to need
Javascript. Please tell me that I'm wrong, and cite some evidence to
the contrary.

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk