[Gllug] Website hosting recommendations?

John js at invendra.net
Sat Dec 21 04:40:38 UTC 2002

Thanks for your fast response. :-)  In looking through this more, it
seems I only need a few very small sites hosted there.  I'd estimate 2
or 3 domains (plus 1 or 2 aliased domains), very small "brochure-ware"
sites of 10-20 pages each, probably about 5MB (for all three together),
and then very little traffic each month as well.  scp access is
important so that I can securely transfer content there without
plain-text passwords, etc.  If I could run a few C++ CGI apps later on,
that might be great, but for now, I really just need a few plain html
sites to start.  Pretty boring, I know. :-)

These companies will eventually need real hosting, real Internet access,
all of that, but for now, I just need a place to park a few glorified
placeholder pages.

(Should we take this offline?  Or are others on this list also curious?
Just want to make sure I'm not boring anyone else to tears here...)

Thanks again for your help. :-)

	Best regards,

	   =john

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk