[Gllug] Cheapest possible diskless nodes

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Thu Dec 12 16:43:33 UTC 2002

OK, so I'm conducting soem gedankenpurchasing.
Ie. I'm only thinking about buying things -
Christmas presents after al come first!

I saw some PCchips motherboards on offer on TCR the other day for
fifty quid. Combining that with some PC-133 memory (512 megs 35 UKP)
plus a PSU (20 quid) and a CPU - say 50 quid could make a cheap
diskless node.

Or to get a case included Scan offer barebones Asus systems for 100 odd
quid, without CPU or memory.
Say I'm looking for four of.

So anyone got good ideas on the cheapest motherboard/CPU/memory deals out
there?

Or good places to buy a few identical second hand systems?

As I say, not really wishing to part with the readies.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk