[Gllug] are there any Open source Internet Cafe' management software on Linux.

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Dec 18 12:03:30 UTC 2002

>> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:12:29, Hari Pillai <hari at pillai.co.uk> said:

   > Friend of mine would like to setup a Internet Café using Linux,
   > is there a management software available in Linux to do this?.
   > Preferably an open-source based; if not he is willing to pay a
   > small price to get this. :p

Jamie Zawinski's DNA Lounge club runs some diskless workstations for web
browsing, and has put related advice and code on the net; if your friend
is planning on running the workstations over the network the guide could
be useful:

   < http://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/src/kiosk/ >

Unlike Jamie, though, I'd rather a cybercafe had chunky 22" CRTs than
brand-new shiny 15" TFTs.  But that's just me.  :-)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk