[Gllug] PDF high quality...

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Fri Dec 27 00:23:45 UTC 2002

well,

using abiword and printing to a ps, then doing ps2pdf or whatever it is is one
solution, you may find that printing to postscript in staroffice then
converting that to pdf will give you better results.

the other which i prefer is using LaTeX and then doing a dvipdf,

bredroll

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 08:01:10PM +0000, Ivan Virgili wrote:
> I tried to write a pdf file using OpenOffice.
> I wrote a document and then I printed it using the "PDF Converter".
> I used the highest quality (2400dpi) I had available among the PDF
> Converter options, but the final result is much worse than what you get
> using Acrobat (WinME).
>
> I noticed that all the HOW-TOs pdf files were created using Linux (of
> course !!!) and their quality on the screen is good.
>
> How can I get the same quality as Adobe Acrobat using Linux?
>
> Thanks for your help... Ciao.. Ivan
>

> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)