[Gllug] newbie/problem

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 20:59:15 UTC 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, justin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've just installed SuSe linux 7.3 on my PC, however an error
> ocurred with my username and password creation during the
> installation process.
>
> So now I have installed distribution I find that my
> username/password doesn't work so I can't logon. :-(.  Is
> there some way I can check or just change this without
> re-installing from scratch?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> wombat :-|

If you are talking about a user account it's no problem, if it is
the root account, that might be tricky.

I remenber Steve saying the Suse removed or hid the interactive
access to grub.

In case you can get into the root account you have to open a
terminal, xterm or the kde console and type:

passwd username

and set up the password for that user.

Please, provide more information

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 9.0 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk