[Gllug] Newbie asks: how to learn?

james at soon.co.uk james at soon.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 16:39:47 UTC 2002

>> > *Learn Midnight Commander.
>> > For the more or less the same reasons as vi.
>> >
>I'll second this. On the rare occasion I've worked on a system with
>Midnight Commander installed it's driven me round the bend. My
>typing is fairly inconsistent, and I quite often type “mc“ instead
>of “mv“ and end up wondering what the hells happened.
>
>Chris

Ahhh... I should written a bit more than 'more or less' I've got mc on a bootable CD (LNX-BBC). Personally I find this two panel file-manger with integral text editor really useful and easy to get on with. I am only to happy to admit that I have been completely stumped by 'pretty lame' tight corners. But I imagine that is a normal part the Linux learning curve experience of which I was trying to pass on.

James

--
Personalised email by http://another.com