[Gllug] Window Managers

Peter Childs Blue.Dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 22:59:04 UTC 2002

	I need a good, easy to use window manager, that is pritty idiot profe
(possibly easy for a windows user to get used to) that loads before next week
arrives....
	Ideally within a couple of seconds of the user typing in there password. KDE
and Gnome are nice but too slow, they take weeks. (I'm not actually sure what
they do with this time anyway)
	The choices seam to be endless.
	Ease of configuration is important etc.

	I quite like Afterstep and the like I find black box a bit over minimalistic.
so what do people think. Ideally it should have a Qt like style (like
Windows, KDE etc) I find Gnome too big and blockey personally.
	Use with LDAP, NFS, LTS (Linux Terminal Server), Postgres, QT, OpenOffice,
Sound etc etc is the plan. But speed of use and loading is the key.

	Any ideas?

	Thanks in advance.

Peter Childs
Trying to save himself work.....