[Gllug] machine load testing

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Mon Dec 2 15:46:01 UTC 2002

> Hi all,
>
> I just installed a new machine today which is a hand me down from
> another part of the company which has been reported to "perhaps have a
> hardware fault" so what I would like to do is really stress test the
> machine RAM+CPU+disk all at the same time. Does anybody know of a good
> tool to do this? All it seems you can get are tools that do each
> component 1 at a time, but i want to do it from just 1 tool.
>
> Thanks
> Adam

How about leaving it as an open mail relay and/or with telnet running with
the prompt saying what the user name and password for root is?  I'm sure
some kind sole will find it within 24 hours and stress it for you!!!!

Or something from the SETI project, might as well use the Hertz for
something vaguely useful?

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk