[Gllug] Bison question

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 7 16:56:20 UTC 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, rich at annexia.org muttered drunkenly:
> And the really scary thing is that I, probably like many others, only need
> about 10% of the features of autoconf - for instance, I never build on
> anything other than Linux, believing that basically Solaris is obsolete
> and *BSD users are smart enough to fix stuff themselves.

i.e., you're not actually using autoconf for its design purpose (and
you're probably annoying people like me who use a number of OSes and
cross-compile to a greater number of platforms on a regular basis; every
AC_TRY_RUN/AC_RUN_IFELSE is annoying to me)...

So don't use it then. (And hope that Linux never changes its behaviour
so much that some of the assumptions you're making break... this is
another advantage of building on multiple OSes, of course.)

--
`Ah, but don't you feel the jackboot of state oppression whenever you have
 to deal with the uniformed storm-troopers of government bureaucracy, viz.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk