[Gllug] Bison question

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Wed Dec 4 21:30:26 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:33:43PM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:04:40PM +0000, rich at annexia.org wrote:
> > filename
> >         : STRING
> >           {
> >             $$ = strdup (mp_string);
> >           }
> >      '(' props ')'
> >           {
> >             /* Make sure the file exists. */
> >             file_add ($$);
> >
> >             /* Add the properties to the file. */
> >             file_set_props ($$, $<props>3);
> >           }
> >       ;
> <snip>
> > Any ideas why this is?
> The rule you really want is:

Thanks Pete. It turns out that also what I really wanted to do
way read the fine manual page (or in this case, info file). Which
actually told me how these split actions work - not as above.

> Is this your homework or something? ;)

Phew ... hardly :-)

I'm playing around with a replacement for make/autoconf/automake/rpm/dpkg
because I'm sick of having a dozen configuration files, all saying
roughly the same thing in slightly different syntax.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj